2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 14:08:48 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FORMER SITES, CHEMWEAPONS: "[American University] lobbied Congress for Spring Valley [DC] cleanup"

AU lobbied Congress for Spring Valley cleanup

By Alex Greco
American University Eagle (DC)
May 1, 2012

AU hired a lobbying firm to ensure the Army Corps of Engineers’ Spring Valley project would remain a priority of the U.S. government and maintain adequate funding.

The project consists of the search and removal of World War I munitions on AU-owned property.

"With no voting representation in Congress [Eleanor Holmes Norton’s D.C. delegate status excepted]," Camille Lepre said, assistant vice president for communications & media, in an email, "it was important that AU find elected officials who were sympathetic to our concern that the project funds not be diverted to another Corps projects, which did have a Congressman/woman advocating for it."

http://www.theeagleonline.com/news/story/au-lobbied-congress-for- spring-valley-cleanup/

278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918