2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Knudsen, Cathy" <Cathy.Knudsen@testamericainc.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2007 20:13:54 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: RE: [CPEO-BIF] No Wal-Mart in Newtown (FL)

Living in Florida and near the most often visited Wal-Mart in the nation
I can honestly say I will not cry for Newton.  Our State has long been
the victim of un-zoned development. Living here since 1993 I have had to
witness the destruction of wildlife habitats, wetlands, fragile
ecosystems and the death of several species of mammal, fowl and fish all
for the sake of tourism.  We who live here are starting to fight back
for what little nature is left.

Brownsfields must be addressed and I know that there are few options,
but give me a defense contractor any day that pays good wages and state
taxes that will allow good school and health systems rather than one
more discount retail store that brings little beauty to a once thought
of paradise..

CATHERINE J. KNUDSEN
Federal Programs Director

TestAmerica