2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 26 Jan 2007 03:01:28 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Peninsular Place, Ypsilanti, Michigan

Apartment complex asks city for $490,000
Company: City OK'd total cost for 2004 brownfield plan

By Dan DuChene
Ypsilanti Courier (MI)
January 25, 2006

An owner of local apartment complex, Peninsular Place, is asking city officials to reimburse the company $490,000 in brownfield redevelopment costs reportedly approved in 2004.

Rick Kirk, of Edwards Communities, a Columbus-based apartment provider, addressed the City Council last week.

"All I want is to get the money that was approved," Kirk said to the council. "It seems to me this is a fairly reasonable and fair request."

http://www.ypsilanticourier.com/stories/012507/loc_20070125004.shtml