2015 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:55:01 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Concord Naval Weapons Station (CA)

Dawn of development on Concord Naval Weapons Station land

Opinion by Tim Grayson, Mayor, Concord, California
Contra Cost Times (CA)
February 25, 2015

The long-awaited advent of the actual development of the former Naval Weapons Station is upon us. We have started the interview stage of selecting the master developer.

It is both an exciting and heavy responsibility and, quite frankly, I am looking forward to the process. Once that selection is made the process will take decades to complete.

Concord formed a citizens advisory panel to investigate possible uses for the base, and after more than two years, the committee developed 14 plans -- which were reduced to five plans and subsequently to two plans -- which were sent to the City Council to select one for ultimate development of the site.

For the entire column, see
http://www.contracostatimes.com/pleasant-hill/ci_27596298/viewpoints- by-tim-grayson-dawn-development-concord-naval