2014 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 13:12:09 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE, PRESERVATION: Google subsidiary signs Moffett Field (CA) lease

NASA Signs Lease with Planetary Ventures LLC for Use of Moffett Airfield and Restoration of Hangar One
Deal Part of Agency Effort to Reduce Costs, Surplus Property

OFFICIAL WIRE
November 10, 2014

In an effort to reduce costs and shed surplus property, NASA today signed a lease with Planetary Ventures, LLC to manage Moffett Federal Airfield (MFA), an agency facility located in Moffett Field, California, and rehabilitate its historic Hangar One. NASA estimates the lease will save the agency approximately $6.3 million annually in maintenance and operation costs and provide $1.16 billion in rent over the initial 60-year lease term.

MFA, currently maintained by NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California, includes approximately 1,000 acres of land located on South San Francisco Bay. The land includes Hangars One, Two and Three, an airfield flight operations building, two runways and a private golf course.

“As NASA expands its presence in space, we are making strides to reduce our footprint here on Earth,” said NASA Administrator Charles Bolden. “We want to invest taxpayer resources in scientific discovery, technology development and space exploration – not in maintaining infrastructure we no longer need. Moffett Field plays an important role in the Bay Area and is poised to continue to do so through this lease arrangement.”

For the original release, see
http://www.officialwire.com/pr/nasa-signs-lease-with-planetary-ventures-llc-for-use-of-moffett-airfield-and-restoration-of-hangar-one/

278-A Hope Street
Mountain View, CA 94041