2014 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 09:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CLOSURE: "First Gillem [GA] closing set May 2"

First Gillem closing set May 2

By Kathy Jefcoats
Clayton News Daily (GA)
March 27, 2014

FOREST PARK - Officials are preparing to close May 2 on about 778 acres inside Fort Gillem, the first step toward the city’s acquisition of the former Army base, officials said.

The announcement was made Wednesday during the monthly meeting of Forest Park/Fort Gillem Implementation Local Redevelopment Authority by Executive Director Fred Bryant.

“We’re on track for a May 2 closing on 778 acres, more or less,” said Bryant. “We’re inviting a number of people to the ceremony and we’re hoping that date will stand.”

The announcement was welcome news to Forest Park Councilwoman Linda Lord and the other members of the joint committee.

http://www.news-daily.com/news/2014/mar/27/first-gillem-closing-set- may-2/