2014 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:49:47 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CHEMWEAPONS: "WWII chemical agent cleanup will take decades on Redstone Arsenal" (AL)

WWII chemical agent cleanup will take decades on Redstone Arsenal

WAAY TV-31 News (Hunstville, AL)
March 28, 2014

REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala.  - Chemical agents, used in World War II, are forcing a major cleanup effort on Redstone Arsenal.

The munitions were buried on the Arsenal right after the war, and now, it'll take decades to cleanup.

“The reason that we're out here doing most of our work is stuff from WWII,” says Chief of the Installation Restoration branch at Redstone Arsenal Terry de la Paz.

For Terry de la Paz and her team at Redstone Arsenal, the next several decades will be spent cleaning up what was left behind.

“Approved practices of the 40's and 50's made this a legitimate dump, and so we spend a lot of our time chasing after the past sons of our forefathers I guess,” says Jason Watson, with the Installation Restoration branch.

…

For the entire story, see
http://www.waaytv.com/news/wwii-chemical-agent-cleanup-will-take-decades-on-redstone-arsenal/article_6d6554c6-b6e4-11e3-b13a-0017a43b2370.html

You may need to copy and paste the link.

278-A Hope Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918