2013 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 19:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CLOSURE, REGULATION: Defense IG report on Army Ammunition Plants and Chemical Depots

Cost Increases and Delays Occurred During Closure and Land Transfers of Army Ammunition Plants and Chemical Depots Under Base Realignment and Closure 2005

Department of Defense Inspector General
DODIG-2013-114
August 6, 2013

Objective

We reviewed the closure and land transfer at four Army ammunition plants and two chemical depots closed under Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) 2005. We identified factors contributing to increased costs and delays in cleaning up and transferring the land. We also determined if changes in requirements or additional laws contributed to the increased costs and delays.

Findings

Army BRAC officials experienced increased costs and delays at Riverbank Army Ammunition Plant (RBAAP), California; Kansas Army Ammunition Plant (KSAAP); Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant (LSAAP), Texas; Newport Chemical Depot (NECD), Indiana; and Umatilla Chemical Depot (UMCD), Oregon, closed under BRAC 2005. Specifically, Army officials experienced cost increases ranging from $665,000 to an indeterminable dollar value and indeterminable amount of delay because...

For the entire summary and a link to the full report, go to
http://www.dodig.mil/pubs/report_summary.cfm?id=5250