2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 20:12:17 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION, FORMER SITES: Niagara Falls Storage Site uranium

Army Corps looking for leaking uranium at LOOW

by Timothy Chipp
Niagara Gazette (NY
December 4, 2012

It seems the Army Corps of Engineers is listening to some of the public's concerns about possible uranium contamination in areas directly surrounding the Interim Waste Containment Structure at the Niagara Falls Storage Site.

Environmental Engineer Jane Stanten gave a brief presentation to the Lake Ontario Ordnance Works Community Action Council Tuesday, detailing the corps's efforts to find out if any uranium could possibly be leaking from the federally owned, Town of Lewiston structure.

"We've been filling data gaps, plugging all of the pipelines leaving the site and addressing some of the concerns which have been raised by the community," she said about the corps's recent activity. "What we were trying to do was zero in on where we know we have some groundwater issues."

…

For the entire article, see
http://niagara-gazette.com/local/x1839363668/Army-Corps-looking-for-leaking-uranium-at-LOOW

278-A Hope Street