2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:14:55 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] HEALTH, LEAD: Defense Logistics Agency employees at Robins AFB (GA) tested for lead

Thirty-four DLA employees at Robins tested for lead exposure

By BECKY PURSER
Macon Telegraph (GA)
June 19, 2012

WARNER ROBINS -- Blood tests for lead exposure on about half of the 34 civilians who work for the Defense Logistics Agency in a distribution warehouse at Robins Air Force Base have all been normal. The remaining 18 test results are pending.

That's according to a DLA statement released late Tuesday afternoon following Occupational Safety and Health Administration findings related to lead exposure. Two citations were issued June 1 for unsafe or unhealthful working conditions.

"We are concerned for employee safety and health everywhere we operate," Twila Gonzales, director of DLA Disposition Services in Battle Creek, Mich., said in the statement. "We appreciate the work the local union safety personnel and the base safety and environmental offices are doing with us to take care of this matter in a compliant and timely manner."

http://www.macon.com/2012/06/19/2066754/thirty-four-dla-employees-at- robins.html