2012 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:47:06 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] ENCROACHMENT: Land purchases near Joint Base McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst (NJ)

Ocean County, Navy Look to Extend Land Preservation Agreement

In the first five years of the agreement, more than 2,000 acres of open space have been preserved

By Karen Wall
Manchester Patch (NJ)
May 10, 2012

Five years of cooperation between Ocean County and the Navy have led to the preservation of more than 2,000 acres of open space around the Joint Base - McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst.

And the Board of Freeholders says an extension of that agreement, and its expansion to include the Air Force, will not only help to continue those preservation efforts, but also will help with a larger goal: protecting the future existence of the base.

"We want to make sure we don’t end up on a BRAC list," said Freeholder John P. Kelly said on Wednesday, referring to the Base Realignment and Closure lists, where military bases around the country have been shuttered, including Fort Monmouth in Tinton Falls.

http://manchester-nj.patch.com/articles/ocean-county-navy-look-to- extend-land-preservation-agreement