2009 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Umatilla Chemical Depot (OR) buildings

Depot visit dashes port manager's hopes

By DEAN BRICKEY
The East Oregonian
August 15, 2009

A recent tour of some old warehouses at the Umatilla Chemical Depot has opened the eyes of Port of Morrow officials.

Gary Neal, the port's general manager, and others visited several large warehouses on the Depot's southwest corner. Neal said he's long had his eye on those structures for possible industrial applications.

"Now, I question the integrity of some of those buildings," he told port commissioners Wednesday. "I question whether there's value in any of those buildings. I'm pretty disappointed."

Bruce Henrickson, a Depot public affairs officer, said 38 west end warehouses are from the World War II era.

http://eastoregonian.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=96559&SectionID=24&SubSectionID=76