2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2007 14:30:08 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] MacDill Air Force Base (FL) encroachment debate

MacDill Area Plans Grounded

By MICHAEL H. SAMUELS
The Tampa Tribune (FL)
September 13, 2007

TAMPA - Facing a lawsuit from a property owner and objections from military officials, the city has withdrawn its proposals to regulate development near MacDill Air Force Base.

City and MacDill officials began working on amendments to Tampa's growth plan in 2004. The recommended changes, which came after meetings and compromises with nearby residents, called for limiting development to six residential units an acre in an area incorporating 6,700 parcels north of the base and east of Dale Mabry Highway.

"I'm real disappointed because of the amount of work that came into that on everybody's part," City Councilman John Dingfelder said. "I thought we reached some good compromises."

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBX9TBQI6F.html