2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 21 Oct 2006 18:07:33 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Further studies at Wyle Labs, Norco, CA

Link to Wyle missing in rare illness
We don't know what it is, but there's definitely a problem'

By Andrea Bennett
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (CA)
October 21, 2006

NORCO - State officials and members of a community group concerned about cleanup efforts at a former munitions testing site have yet to find a definitive link between contaminants there and a second case of a rare disease.

Elena Esparza, 21, a Norco High School graduate, was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, or AML, which results from acquired genetic damage to the DNA.

Even though health officials say it is unlikely that any contaminants from the Wyle Laboratories' site contribute to the leukemia - and such a relation would be impossible to prove - many are still skeptical.

"There's a problem," said the group's chairwoman, Celeste Tittle, at Thursday's Community Advisory Group meeting. "We don't know what it is, but there's definitely a problem."

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_4527245

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org