2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Jun 2006 06:16:50 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Maryland encroachment legislation

Real Estate Disclosure Bill Will Help Navy, Address Growth

Bill seeks to shield military from complaints by homeowners who are impacted by loud noise from military sites in Maryland

Commentary by Maryland Senator Roy Dyson
Southern Maryland Online
June 23, 2006

We are lucky in Southern Maryland to have Patuxent River Naval Air Station, a nearly $3 billion economic engine for our region in particular and the state as a whole.

One issue that is of concern to many is that out-of-control growth in Southern Maryland will encroach near the base forcing the Pentagon to look at whether they should continue full operations, as we know them at Pax River. We need to protect Pax River as it is in order for our thriving economy to survive in Southern Maryland.

For the past two years, I introduced legislation that was requested by officials from Pax River. This legislation, which passed into law without the governor’s signature, helps address the issue of encroachment around the base.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/articles/3994.shtml

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org