2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 5 Aug 2005 08:00:10 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Camp Edwards (MA) RDX

New contamination plume no immediate threat to Forestdale

By Silene Gordon
Upper Cape Codder (MA)
August 4, 2005

Sandwich residents who are potentially at risk from newly discovered
contamination on the Massachusetts Military Reservation should expect
letters or personal visits from the team overseeing the environmental cleanup.

According to Kent "Hap" Gonser of the Impact Area Groundwater Study
Program, water district records and area maps are being carefully
checked to ensure that residents have as much information as possible.

"We are looking at property records and will begin sending letters out
if we find anything questionable," said Gonser, the study program's manager.

Last month a new plume of contaminants which contained high levels of
military-related explosives was discovered.

http://www2.townonline.com/bourne/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=297513&format=text