2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 18 Nov 2002 15:48:09 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] High-level feds speak at ITRC annual meeting

While encouraging that ITRC is catching the attention of those in
position of power and the decision making process, I have a serious
concern/question:

What steps is ITRC taking to include contractors with proven methods
that are not necessarily considered within the norms of the general
environmental community?

My example pertains to companies like STAR, Inc. or DeMil's Blast
Chamber.

Here in Florida , we have sites utilizing STAR's cleanup methods that
have proven cost and time effective yet I rarely here of their success.
MMR and DeMil's Blast Chamber story is well documented also.

While some of these methods might be considered 'out of the norm' for
the  environmental community, they are proven effective on the
environment (is that not the reason for their existence?) and I am left
wondering why there is not a collective national source of information
regarding sites with excellent clean up rates and what is holding up
other sites utilizing the same?  With ITRC receiving such national
attention, I would like to see this become an important part of their
agenda for the environment's sake.

Stella