2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 25 Mar 2002 11:45:44 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Army: No chemical hazard at McClellan

My condolescences for all the trouble you are going through though NOT
surprised!  Have you tried contacting the government agencies (County
Commissioners, Senators, Congressman and Governor offices) to set up a
meeting to discuss all you've written here?  I have done so many times
with the WA elected officials when needed and found it beneficial!
Tried contacting the local paper and talking to a reporter?  Do you have
an environmental attorney in town who you can talk to for advice?  Have
you set up a meeting with your EPA/DOE reps to discuss these issues?  Do
you write 'letters to the editor' regarding your site?

Have you tried going through the documentation for your site, looking
specifically for these files?  I found in reading through the Camp
Bonneville docs (100+) that pertinent information is normally somewhere
in the middle of the hundreds of pages and one must read carefully to
'catch' the important issues.  It may sound like allot of work but after
doing this through a couple of the docs you will get a 'gut' feeling
about where and what to read.

I hope some of this helps!  One more thing, have you tried to talking to
the older people in your area that remembers 'the good 'ol days'?  You
can gain allot of information this way.  Take Care.........Stella