2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 4 Mar 2002 14:39:57 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Deal struck on Tustin base land

The way this article is written sounds like the Navy used some
intimidation and threats to the city to 'make a decision or else'.  Not
following this story closely, I'm asking those who are involved, was
this the case?  What other point of view is out there regarding this
decision?

What does the city and stakeholder think about putting a K-8 school on
what is surely contaminated land (jet fuel specifically) and
groundwater?  (I would like to hear from those who have read the
documents regarding this base closure.)

Thanks........Stella