2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 21 Feb 2002 18:47:21 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Digest for cpeo-military@igc.topica.com, issue 475

I am one of those that is leaning towards an agency like EPA to have
control  on cleanups. I may get 'blasted' here by others on this
listserver BUT I do support military readiness (I REALLY appreciate my
freedom and freedom always comes with a price I believe).  I am just not
sure 'who' should have this control. DoD 's job is to protect our
nation.  DOE has it's own set of  problems.  I've heard enough 'bad'
stories about EPA to wonder if it's worth the gamble to give such
control over to them (though I have not experienced such with our EPA
rep). Everyone on this listserver is aware that it is the 'watchdog'
groups that keeps everyone's 'nose to the grindstone'.

Maybe it's time for a collective group to create a business , one with
the technology expertise (much like ITRC/CPEO), legal expertise (ability
to 'shift' through the enormous amount of documentation on each of these
sites plus the knowledge of military and civilian statutes and codes)and
community activists/supporters.

Stella