1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Saul Bloom <arc@igc.apc.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: July 16-21st DC National Caucus Meeting Announcement

ATTENTION: RESTORATION ADVISORY BOARD COMMUNITY MEMBERS....

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO ATTEND THE NEXT MEETING OF THE NATIONAL
CAUCUS OF RAB COMMUNITY MEMBERS

JULY 16-21, 1999
Washington DC Area

The National Caucus of Restoration Advisory Board Community Members is the
voluntary grassroots network of Community Representatives serving on RABs,
CABs, SSABs, TRCs and other citizens advisory committees overseeing
military pollution remediation and source reduction.

The Washington meeting was designed by RAB Community Members for RAB
Community Members.  The objective of the Washington meeting is to provide
the DoD, EPA and Congress with grassroots, community RAB member feedback
on the progress and problems associated with the Defense Department's base
cleanup program.  The Washington event and will feature:

>>> a full day seminar on technical and policy issues relating to military
    cleanup;
>>> a two hour open forum with representatives of the Defense Department's
    base toxic cleanup program;
>>> a two hour open forum with representatives of the Environmental
    Protection Agency's federal facilities program;
>>> a two hour Congress member and staff briefing;
>>> AN unparralled opportunity for you to meet and talk with other RAB
    community members from around the country, swap stories, share
    resouces and help devise  strategies to promote community-oriented
    military base cleanups.

The Washington event is the fourth meeting of the National RAB Caucus and
is the first such event in the nation's capitol.  Previous meetings took
place in Phoenix, Arizona, Chicago, Illinois and San Francisco,
California. Each of these meetings dovetailed with a meeting of the
Defense Environmental Response Task Force and Caucus participants provided
testimony during the public hearing component of the DERTF's meeting.

Attending the July 16-21st Caucus meeting is free to all RAB Community
Members. A small number of travel and lodging scholarships are also
available. To apply, please fill out the form below.  The Caucus would
like to gratefully acknowledge the contributions of the USEPA and Ben and
Jerry's Foundation toward the Caucus scholarship fund.

If you are a Community Member of a military cleanup advisory board, the
Caucus is for you!

For More Information Contact
Arc Ecology
The National RAB Caucus Sacratariat
833 Market Street, Suite 1107
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: 415.495.1786
Fax 415.495.1787.
Email arc@igc.apc.org

JULY 16-21, 1999 RAB COMMUNITY MEMBER CAUCUS REGISTRATION FORM

Please help us reserve your place at the RAB Caucus meeting by filling out
the form below.  Pre-registration is the best way we have to determine the
number of packets, size of facility and rooms we need to accommodate
Caucus participants.

NOTICE:  WHILE THE SEMINAR PORTION OF THE MEETING IS OPEN TO ALL: YOU MUST
BE A RAB, CAB, SAAB, TRC OR OTHER DOD CLEANUP ADVISORY BOARD COMMUNITY
MEMBER TO ATTEND THE RAB COMMUNITY MEMBER CAUCUS MEETING

RAB Affiliation _____________________________________________

State ________      City/ Town _________________________________

Name _____________________________________________________

Address ___________________________________________________

City/ Town ________________________________________________

State _________    ZIP __________________

Phone _________________________

FAX __________________________

E-mail _________________________

Check if you are an officer of the RAB: Community CoChair _____   Other
(please specify) _____________

In order to allow funds to be given to those who have less access to
resources I will cover my own expenses at the meeting.
Please reserve lodging for me, Dates: Check In _________  Check Out
_________  Private Room _________ Shared Room (split expenses with another
participant) ______

There are a limited number of schoolarships, a higher priority will be
given to those who can shoulder part of their own lodging or travel
expenses.
Airfare ________
Other Tranportation _________
Lodging ________

Reasoning for Schollarship
Request:_____________________________________________

>>> Return To:
Arc Ecology
833 Market Street, Suite 1107
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: 415.495.1786  Fax 415.495.1787.  Email arc@igc.apc.org

* If you don't plan on attending, but want to help other RAB community
members participate in the Caucus, you can make a tax deductible
contribution to the RAB Community Member Caucus Transportation Fund c/o
Arc Ecology.

THE STEERING COMMITTEE OF THE NATIONAL CAUCUS OF RESTORATION ADVISORY
BOARD COMMUNITY MEMBERS

Saul Bloom, Presidio & Oakland AB RABs, CA
Mary Butler, Long Beach NS, RAB, CA
Curt Gandy, Fort Ord RAB, CA
Christine Gover, Liberty Bay RAB, WA
Ted Henry, Aberdeen Proving Grounds RAB, MD
Sandra Jaquith,  Rocky Mt. Arsenal RAB, CO
Pam Miller, Adak RAB, AK
Armando Quintanilla, Kelly AFB RAB, TX
Don Gray, Ex-Officio Legislative Advisor
Sam Goodhope, General Council

SOME OF THE RABS WITH COMMUNITY MEMBERS PARTICIPATING IN THE CAUCUS

NOAA/ Adak Naval Facility, Anchorage,  AK
Luke Air Force Base, Glendale,  AZ
Tucson Int. Airport Area Super Fund Site,  Tucson, AZ
Beale Air Force Base,  Marysville, CA
Air Force Plant 42,  Palmdale, CA
Fort Ord Army Base,  Marina/Seaside, CA
Hunters Point Naval Shipyard, San Francisco, CA
Long Beach Naval Complex,  Long Beach, CA
Mather Air Force Base,  Rancho Cordova, CA
Marine Corps Air Station El Toro,  Orange County, CA
McClellan Air Force Base,  Sacramento, CA
Oakland Army Base, Oakland, CA
Presidio Army Base, San Francisco, CA
Point Molate Naval Fuel Depot,  Richmond, CA
Treasure Island Naval Station, San Francisco, CA
Fort Carson Army Base,  Colorado Springs, CO
Rocky Mountain Arsenal, Adams County, CO
Naval Air Station Cecil Field,  Jacksonville, FL
Westover Air Reserve Base,  Westover, MA
Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Lexington, MD
Naval Air Station Brunswick,  Brunswick, ME
Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant,  St. Paul, MN
Vance Air Force Base,  Enid, OK
Aberdeen Proving Ground (Army),  Edgewood, MD
Grand Forks Air Force Base,  Grand Forks, ND
Fort Campbell, Army Base, Clarksville, TN
Kelly Air Force Base,  San Antonio,TX
US Army Fort Bliss,  El Paso, TX
Hill Air Force Base,  Ogden, UT
Naval Surface Warfare Center,  Dahlgren, VA
Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Norfolk, VA
Keyport  Naval Undersea Training Center/ Liberty Bay,  Keyport, WA
Fairchild Air Force Base / Washington Air Guard,  Spokane, WA