1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:13:16 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Former federally owned SUPERFUND sites

We've received the following replies . . .

> BPS <kutak_r@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Doesn't the golf course at Fort Ord qualify as an NPL site transferred to
the city of Seaside with institutional controls?

> Woolford.James@epamail.epa.gov wrote:

Amber:

I guess the answer to your question would depend on whether they are
looking for

1) SF sites (like BRAC) that get transferred after becoming a SF site or

2)property that was transferred and then became a SF site.  In the former
instance the best group to contact would be the Office of Economic
Adjustment at DoD - they should have list of which properties went to
municipalities, et. al..

The latter case would include FUDS (formerly utilized defense sites)  and
DOE-FUSRAP (like Maywood, NJ) sites.  The Army Corps of Engineers has the
cleanup lead on both sites and could provide information.