1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: hdqrs@worldnet.att.net
Date: 12 Dec 1997 15:14:12
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Airspace

What foreign military types are you talking about????

The low level flight (military) routes called sand blower routes are
published by NOTAM's called Notice to Airmen. All military warning areas
are also published and you (civilian) can fly thru them when you ask for
permission if they are not in use.

Some are active all the time.

Have you heard about the story of the navy aircraft that flew down the
railroad track at night and turned on his landing lights in front of the
train!!!! True story. The pilot was on a sand blower hop.

All flights above FL180 (18,000 feet at 29.92) are controlled throught the
world.

We have all kinds of foreign aviators we train in the US. Also we train
all kinds of foreign military officers at numerous military schools.

Hope this helps.

old jim