1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu
Date: 09 Jun 1995 17:54:35
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown (fwd)

Posting from Don Zweifel <zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 17:39:00 -0700
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@chapman.edu>
To: zweifel@chapman.edu
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown

550 careerproigc.org@chapman.edu... User unknown

 ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 17:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Don Zweifel <zweifel>
To: careerproigc.org
Subject: Our RAB and its responsibilities

To: David Keith et al,

May we jump in here to try our hand at attempting to answer your questions?

To begin with, let's say that I'm sure there was no conspiracy to
deliberately delete our affiliations whether they were RAB or whatever.

You were perfectly able to open up your name tag and add an affiliation,
which would have taken all of one minute. It is a bit of a stretch to
accuse Lenny of "astute deviousness and dirty tricks."

In regards to your reference to the spectre of politics vis a vis with
RABs, perhaps it's now time to look at the 'big picture' for a change.

Let us presume for a moment that a RAB approves a certain plan of
action in regards to remediation, don't you think that might have a
potential impact or bearing on the surrounding community? Well my friend,
it most likely does mitigate or augment the community's master plan. And
if this isn't potentially political then we don't know have the foggiest
idea of what we're talking about.

RAB members will hopefully come to the conclusion that practically every
decision they decide upon will ultimately impact reuse of their former DoD
or DoE site.

Is the contamination at the site an imminent or potentially imminent
danger to human health? This is a critical question and the RABs
must of necessity address this issue squarely.

If one believes this doesn't have political ramifications then we're
all dreaming.

 Don Zweifel