1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu
Date: 02 Jun 1995 00:51:07
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: DOIT program

Posting from Don Zweifel <zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu>

Peter,

Thx for the guidance re DOIT (demonstrate on-site innovative technology).
We've been informed that this program has opened many a jaundiced eye,
especially in regards to a particularly efficient `unconventional'
technology. Its cost-effectiveness and its ease of implementability
have surprised some skeptics.

As you may know, the Savannah River project in Georgia is utilizing in-situ
bioremediation in conjunction with pump-and-treat, achieving
outstanding results in TCE remediation, and in record time.

We are therefore surprised and also chagrined to hear that the
DOIT program has not been adequately funded.

Peter, if you're still involved with the committee, might we take this
opportunity to ask you to bring those of us that may be interested on the
net, up to speed re the ramifications of this program?

 Don Zweifel