1994 CPEO Military List Archive

From: MAlex1@aol.com
Date: 17 Dec 1994 21:42:24
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: re: BASE CLOSURE Pease Ruling

Interesting. The Presidio was, of course, transfered on Oct. 1 to the
National Park Service. Of course that's a federal transfer, so Superfund may
not apply. Still, before the transfer took place, one of our good East Bay
advisors said that the change should be a lease, because it left the Army
unambiguously responsible for continuing cleanup. We never had a chance to
test his theory. Now the Pease judge seem to say it doesn't matter.