1994 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@igc.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 18:01:37 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Cpro Conference Introductions

 Dr Burkhard Luber
 Address: Heidland 13 * D-28870 Ottersberg * Germany
 Phone: (+49)-4293-1264 * FAX: (+49)-4293-1337
 Electronic Mail Address: B.Luber@Bionic.Zer.De

 Information Text

I am a peace researcher in Germany within a foundation called "The
Threshold - Contribution for Peace Work". Its activities are refugee help,
training for computer networking and database retrieval for environment
and peace work groups, publications on peace issues, promoting peace
services and executing conversion projects.

My personal work commitments are:

- Editing the English "TRANSCONTINENTAL PEACE NEWSLETTER
(TPN)" which is a news digest on peace work and disarmament issues in
Europe with 1100 subscribers in 70 countries. You find topics like: The
local economic impact of troops reductions, conversion of the arms
industry, reports about peace work projects, environmental problems of
military deployment etc. You can subscribe to the TPN free of charge if
you transmit your address to us and you can read it on-line in the
GreenNet/PeaceNet conference Transcont.News and in the German CL-
network on the board Cl/Frieden/Allgemein

- Training courses in Germany and abroad for peace and environment groups
how to us electronic networks and databases. My experiences are document-
ed in a book "The World at Your Keyboard - An Alternative Guide to
International Computer Networking", Oxford 1993. I am regularly lecturing
ont that topic in Latvia, Croatia and the Voivodina.

- Conversion projects and working as advicer for local politicians and
parliamentarians on converting ex-military areas. Currently I am in charge
for a project exploring the clean-up and conversion parameters of a large
military training site in Germany and have permanent contacts for
conversion projects with corresponding agencies in various European
countries.

If you like to receive more English information about the Threshold
Foundation, give us your address and we send you a free information
package about our work.