1994 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@igc.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 15:51:05 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Cpro Conference Introductions

Welcome to the cpro.military conference. In order for everyone who uses
this conference to become familiar with the various members, we are asking
that each of you write a brief statement introducing yourself and, if
appropriate, the organization(s) with which you are affiliated. We hope
that this will become a lively discussion forum where all aspects of the
many issues surrounding military base closure, cleanup, and conversion be
brought up. The key to citizen participation in this process is the
sharing of ideas and experiences we have both as indivivuals and within the context of our
organization(s). We believe that digital communications are the ideal
mechanism for achieving this.

To begin the introductions, my name is Aimee Houghton (aimeeh@igc.org).
I am on the staff of Career/Pro and moderator of this conference. Any
questions you have you may direct to me. Briefly, I have been involved
in the base closure, cleanup, and conversion movement for the past 2 1/2
years begining with my work at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal in Colorado. Very
early on I determined this to be an arena where major changes could be made in
terms of our economic growth, environmental awareness, justice and leadership.