2011 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 08:02:10 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Old Town, Lansing, Michigan

Partnering to Preserve History

Jo Anne Paul-Stanton
Greater Lansing Business Monthly (MI)
March, 2011

Alan Hooper and Ryan Kincaid have been friends since childhood. While always planning to go into business together, it wasn’t until the collapse of the real estate and construction industries that their partnership really began to take shape. “We laugh and joke because we started in a down economy,” says Kincaid, co-owner of Kincaid Henry Building Group, Inc. “But we had a solid strategic business plan.”

Hooper, co-owner of Triterra of Lansing, agrees. “I met up with Ryan and his business partner and just knew it was a good fit. They came along at the right time.”

Triterra’s search for an office building became the partners’ first project. Hooper found an older building in Lansing’s Old Town in 2007. It was in desperate need of a facelift. “It had a lot of environmental issues,” he recalls. The site was contaminated with industrial and dry cleaning chemicals, had underground storage tanks, and drainage problems. “If this project didn’t qualify for brownfield redevelopment funds, none should.”

http://www.lansingbusinessmonthly.com/articles/203-2011-march/2159- partnering-to-preserve-history.html