2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2007 17:00:01 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: City developement from landfill creation, use, closure and remediation.]

From: Claire <cpapadi@yahoo.com>

Dear Sirs,

My name is Claire Papadi and I am an Environmental Engineer
working in the sector of  waste management and valorisation in
Greece.

Having a look at the cpeo website I believe you may be able to
help me.

I am looking into a project and I would like your kind help for
case studies of how a degraded suburb or city has benefited from
the creation of a landfill for hazardous waste into a previously
old mine , the operation of landfill, closure and remediation
(for example it became a golf course). The ideal case study
would be if the landfill was constructed on a previously  old
mine but we are looking in general for other case studies as
well. So we are looking how the city was during the time of the
old mine, and what happened at the end, after its creation to
landfill, and then remediation by constructing a green site.

I would really appreciated if you could help me on this project,
if you could provide me with some information and photos of
"before" and "after". Everyone's help is vital. The more case
studies we obtain the better. I am willing to travel to see the
site if it matches exactly with what I am looking for.

Also, if you know any other company or person which could help
me on this please let me know.

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Claire Papadi