2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: bobh@np.craigslist.org
Date: 21 Jun 2007 15:04:33 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] (VT) Land trust builds affordable housing on BF site

Housing project on track to start

Rutland Herald
June 20, 2007
By Stephen Seitz

PROCTORSVILLE ? The paperwork is in place, the bids have come in and work on the
Proctorsville Green affordable housing project is expected to begin in a month.
"We now have the financing in hand," said Jeff Staudinger, executive director of
the Rockingham Area Community Land Trust, the organization spearheading the
project. "We're happy to finally get there."

In conjunction with Housing Vermont, the existing Pollard Block will be
rehabilitated to accommodate eight family rental units and two commercial spaces.
The existing Freeman House will get a minor upgrade, and two new rental and four
new condominium units will be built on land donated by the town of Cavendish.

The finishing touches on the paperwork were discussed at the most recent Cavendish
Select Board meeting, which was held June 13. The Southern Windsor County Regional
Planning Commission updated town officials on the grant paperwork, as well as a
brownfields hazard that has been holding back progress.

For the entire article, see:
http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070620/NEWS02/706200386/1003/NEWS02

Bob Hersh
CPEO