2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 16 Mar 2007 18:41:01 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] West Lafayette, Ohio

West Lafayette brownfield cleanup moves ahead

By JOSHUA CHANEY
March 13, 2007
Coshocton Tribune (OH)

WEST LAFAYETTE - Village Administrator Tom Bradshaw announced the brownfield cleanup project is moving forward at Monday night's village council meeting.

"It sounds like we are going to be pretty active with brownfield over the next few days," Bradshaw said. "They are ready to start actual site work."

Jim Smith, a representative with Brownfield Restoration Group said the a crew will be in the village sometime today, and Chris Osbourne with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, will be in the village looking for six more potential well sites in the northwest and possibly the northeast parts of the village.

Brownfield Restoration Group was hired by the village to conduct the restoration work.

"For the next few weeks we will be working hard on Phase Two of the project," he said.

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070313/NEWS01/703130302/1002