2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 1 Feb 2005 23:18:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: California Human Health Screening Levels (CHHSLs)]

Submitted by "Hickey, Joe" <JHIC461@ECY.WA.GOV>

I would say yes, Washington has something MORE extensive; it's called
our cleanup law and regulation.  I guess screening levels would be
useful in the absence of cleanup standards, but if cleanup standards
exist, it seems like an extra step.

Here is a link to our cleanup standards tools, directly from our cleanup
regulations (Chapter 173-340 Washington Administrative Code):
http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/tcp/tools/CLARC_v_3.1/clarc_v_3_

Joe Hickey
Brownfields and Voluntary Cleanup Program Coordinator,
Washington State Department of Ecology,
Northwest Regional Office