1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Elizabeth Collaton <ecollaton@nemw.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: Creating "brightfields" on Brownfields

Kathy:

I couldn't access the article (the link had expired), but we included the
same idea in our recent report, "Marketing Brownfield Cleanup
Technologies."  Apparently, Chicago, Atlanta and Baltimore are entertaining
the idea of installing photo-voltaics on stabilized brownfields with the
goal of reducing the cost of peak power rates for certain municipal uses.

I'm happy to fax the pages to you if you're interested in reading more.

Elizabeth Collaton

Northeast-Midwest Institute

At 12:31 PM 8/23/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Is it just me or did this particular announcement strike anyone else as

>surreal?

>>(Excerpts)

>>For the complete article go to:

>>http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/990804/9s.html

>>Wednesday August 4, 5:09 pm Eastern Time

>>US plans to convert factory sites to solar power

>>The Energy Department said it envisioned solar power collection points in

>>other locations around the country, where they could be placed directly on

>>abandoned dumps and other factory sites without disturbing the often

>>contaminated ground beneath.

Senior Policy Analyst

Northeast-Midwest Institute

218 D Street, SE