1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Emery Graham <"egraham"@ci.wilmington.de.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: "The Economic Benefits of Open Space"

Tommie,
The "enlightened self interest" you speak of is not uniform in its content. I
suggest that the socio-cultural differences between us might impact what
each of
considers is in our own self interest; not to mention the differences in
preference supported by different economic levels.

America, the world, is not homogenous. While its true that there's been a
leading
paradigm for sometime, there's always been those "backshelf" authors whose
works
have been read and appreciated by the social and cultural majority.

Emery