1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: SANTOS Steven <Steven.Santos@state.or.us>
Date: 22 Jun 1998 17:20:40
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Introduction and Question

Hello

I am a new subscriber to this newsgroup and was encouraged to introduce
myself. I am Regulatory Liaison and Brownfields Redevelopment Coordinator
for the Oregon Economic Development Department.  My duties as they
relate to brownfields fall into two categories: information and funding.

On the information end, I try to be a clearing house of knowledge at the
state level for everything from local redevelopment projects, products
on the private market, EPA pilot projects, to programs in other
jurisdictions.  This is a new position so our store of knowledge is small
but steadily growing.  Hopefully subscription to this newsgroup will
help facilitate that goal. On the funding side of things I am working on
two things. One is a revolving loan fund the other is HUD section 108
certification to take advantage of the new Brownfield Economic
Development Initiative grants. So if there are individuals out there in
this newsgroup with experience setting up a RLF or have experience
dealing with HUD's section 108/EDI, I would be very interested in talking
with you to share your thoughts, experiences, horror stories, etc.

Thanks, and I look forward to participating in this newsgroup.

Steven