1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: MAUREEN BRENNAN <MBRENNEN@baker-hostetler.com>
Date: 10 Apr 1998 10:31:56
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR THE EPA BROWNFIELDS '98 CONFERENCE?

I have five or six "Brownfields" projects and that
was my perception that there was more private
investment than public.  It is my understanding
that the $ 200,000 that EPA gave to Cleveland did
not go directly to the Brownfields projects.
Ginny Aveni who is also in our group would know
best.  However, it was my understanding that the
money was used by the Cuyahoga County Planning
Commission to coordinate Brownfields activities,
locate properties for development and facilitate
the development through organizing meetings among
developers, regulators and property owners.

Although the Ohio Brownfields law has tax
abatement provisions I have not seen any projects
yet which have actually applied for and obtained
them.  I know of only six projects that have
obtained low interest loans state loans for
investigation or remediation.