2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 14:03:18 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] HERBICIDES: GAO report on Vietnam War-era Agent Orange exposure

AGENT ORANGE: Actions Needed to Improve Accuracy and Communication of Information on Testing and Storage Locations
GAO-19-24
November 15, 2018.

Veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange in the Vietnam War era may be eligible for disability compensation.

We examined how the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs communicated information to veterans and the public about possible Agent Orange exposure. Specifically, we looked at information about where Agent Orange had been tested, distributed, or stored in U.S. states and territories. We found that VA's website listing of locations outside of Vietnam where veterans may have been exposed is inaccurate and incomplete.

…

For the entire summary and a link to the entire report, see
https://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-19-24

Executive Director
P.O. Box 998, Mountain View, CA 94042
Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918