2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 21:33:07 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: Former K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base (MI)

Air Force presents results of PFAS investigation

by CECILIA BROWN
Marquette Mining Journal (MI)
October 3, 2018

K.I. SAWYER - The Air Force Civil Engineer Center provided a briefing of its investigation into the presence of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, or PFAS, at the former K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base Wednesday at the annual meeting of the Restoration Advisory Board.

Attending were board members; local, state and Air Force officials; as well as residents.

The Air Force has focused its investigation on K.I. Sawyer’s drinking water to determine if the two PFAS chemicals classified as emerging contaminants by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - perfluorooctanesulfonic acid, or PFOS, and perfluorooctanoic acid, or PFOA - are present above lifetime health advisory limits in drinking water.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.miningjournal.net/news/front-page-news/2018/10/air-force-presents-results-of-pfas-investigation/

Executive Director