2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 11:41:40 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (AZ)

2 Tucson wells near D-M base found tainted with toxic compounds

By Tony Davis
Arizona Daily Star
June 17, 2018 Updated July 1, 2018

Toxic compounds that have commonly turned up in groundwater near military bases around the country have been found in two city wells just north of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.

Tucson Water officials shut the wells off when the pollution was discovered. They say these wells were only rarely used before, and that it’s unlikely people were exposed to enough contamination from them to be harmed.

Officials are concerned about the contamination, however, because the pollution levels have risen since they were discovered in 2016 and 2017, respectively.

That raises the possibility the pollution could ultimately spread farther north and west toward numerous other city wells in the midtown area’s central well field.

…

For the entire article, see
https://tucson.com/news/local/two-tucson-wells-near-d-m-base-found-tainted-with/article_980f30ad-b204-5469-9725-bdc65d898bcf.html

Executive Director