2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 17:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: Michigan lobbies for nationwide PFAS rules at EPA summit

Michigan lobbies for nationwide PFAS rules at EPA summit

By Garret Ellison
MLive (MI)
May 23, 2018

WASHINGTON, DC -- Heidi Grether had a message for the room filled with state and local officials from across the United States who gathered at the Environmental Protection Agency this week to talk drinking water contamination.

You may not have found per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, or PFAS, in your water yet. That doesn't mean the pollutants aren't there.

"Those chickens will come home to roost," said Grether, director of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). "The reason we know so much is we are actively and aggressively looking."

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/michigan_epa_pfas_summit_deq.html

Executive Director