2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:26:30 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Defense bill includes funds for PFC study"

Defense bill includes funds for PFC study

By Jeff McMenemy
Seacoast Online
November 8, 2017

PORTSMOUTH -- U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H. announced Wednesday afternoon that the final Senate- and House-negotiated defense authorization bill includes her bipartisan amendment to pay for the first-ever study on the health effects of PFC exposure in drinking water.

The study will look to give answers to thousands of people exposed to PFCs at the former Pease Air Force Base here - including at two day care centers - about what the health impacts are from the chemicals.

“I’ve spoken with Granite State families and communities who have been fighting tirelessly for answers about the risks from exposure to perfluorinated chemicals in their drinking water. They deserve answers, and I’m relieved that my bipartisan amendment in the final defense bill will help deliver them,” Shaheen said Wednesday. “We must ensure that we can provide families with definitive information on the impact of drinking water on their health. Going forward, I’ll work to ensure that this national study pays particular attention to the health impacts on Seacoast residents so we can give peace of mind to New Hampshire families who have been affected by these contaminants.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20171108/defense-bill-includes-funds-for-pfc-study

Executive Director