2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 16:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Feds to test water quality at Mitchell Field in Harpswell, " ME

Feds to test water quality at Mitchell Field in Harpswell

By Callie Ferguson
Falmouth Forecaster (ME)
October 18, 2017

HARPSWELL - The federal government will expand its search to Mitchell Field for toxic chemicals that may have contaminated groundwater.

Town Administrator Kristi Eiane, who requested the testing, said she has little reason to believe there is contamination at the former U.S. Navy fuel depot. “This is part of what we consider our due diligence,” she said Tuesday.

Tests of Brunswick’s groundwater and residential wells have taken place since the Navy closed the Brunswick Naval Air Station in 2011. Last month, another round of testing revealed the town’s area wells showed no signs of toxins.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.theforecaster.net/feds-to-test-water-quality-at-mitchell-field-in-harpswell/

Executive Director