2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 08:14:05 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Moms vow to push Air Force for health study" at former Pease AFB, NH

Moms vow to push Air Force for health study

By Jeff McMenemy
Seacoastonline.com
June 5, 2017

PORTSMOUTH - Three Seacoast mothers say they will keep fighting for a health study of children and adults exposed to PFCs at Pease International Tradeport, even though the Air Force says it won’t pay for it.

“We’re not taking no for an answer, not even close,” Portsmouth resident Andrea Amico said about their push for a study for people exposed to PFCs through contaminated city water. “We need to collaborate and we need to ask for help from our congressional delegation.”

Amico, who is a member of the Pease Community Assistance Panel and a Testing for Pease co-founder, learned last week that the Air Force would not pay for a health study, even though they paid for the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) to conduct a feasibility assessment to determine what kind of health studies could be done.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20170605/moms-vow-to-push-air-force-for-health-study

Executive Director