2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 00:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: "High-rise college campus at the Concord Naval Weapons Station?" (CA)

High-rise college campus at the Concord Naval Weapons Station?

By LISA P. WHITE
Bay Area News Group (CA)
May 30, 2017

CONCORD - If city leaders get their way, future residents of the sprawling housing and commercial development planned for the Concord Naval Weapons Station might hop on a driverless electric shuttle to reach a classroom in a high-rise college campus near the BART station.

During a recent study session, Councilwoman Carlyn Obringer said she wants the GoMentum station - the autonomous vehicle testing facility currently operating on the former military base - to remain a permanent part of the development.

“AVs are a part of the future and I would like to see Concord become part of the Silicon Valley of autonomous vehicles,” she said. “This is our opportunity, this is our hook to try to get that UC (University of California), that CSU (California State University), that research facility.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/05/30/dreaming-big-high-rise-college-campus-at-the-concord-naval-weapons-station/

Executive Director