2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 09:36:08 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FUEL: Oceana Naval Air Station (VA) fuel spill

Navy to hold public information session Monday to discuss fuel spill in Virginia Beach

by Amir Vera
Virginian-Pilot
May 14, 2017

VIRGINIA BEACH - A public information session will be held Monday to address citizen questions about the 94,000 gallons of jet fuel that spilled at Oceana Naval Air Station Wednesday.

…

"We know residents have a lot of questions, and we'll have representatives from the Navy and partner agencies to answer questions and address concerns," said Capt. Rich Meadows, commander of the naval air station.

According to a Navy news release, crews worked through Saturday night to continue cleanup efforts. Meadows said crews are working to get affected roadways back open before Monday-morning commutes.

…

For the entire article, see
http://pilotonline.com/news/military/local/navy-to-hold-public-information-session-monday-to-discuss-fuel/article_fa14b19e-2107-5f93-a5ac-21321aa2fe31.html

Executive Director