2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 13:39:57 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION, FORMER SITES: "Coldwater Creek contamination cleanup moves to backyards"

Coldwater Creek contamination cleanup moves to backyards -

By Russell Kinsaul
KMOV TV-4 News (St. Louis, MO)
May 9, 2017

NORTH ST. LOUIS COUNTY - Contractors for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers have begun digging up radioactively contaminated soil from four yards in Hazelwood.

Robert and Lea Cresham own one of the homes where tests discovered the contamination in 2015.

"Five people came into my house and explained I have radiation in my yard," said Lea Gresham.

For years, the Corp of Engineers has been cleaning up sites around St. Louis that were contaminated with waste from the Manhattan project. But this is the first time that contaminated soil has been removed from residential property.

Bruce Munholand, project manager said, "We are dealing with extremely low-level contamination when viewed in the grand scheme of things. In most cases what we're finding is barely above background levels."

…

For the entire story, see
http://www.kmov.com/story/35387286/coldwater-creek-contaminationcleanup-moves-to-backyards

Executive Director