2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 08:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Warwick [PA] ice rink drawing from well in contaminated area to connect to public water"

Warwick ice rink drawing from well in contaminated area to connect to public water

by Michele Haddon
Intelligencer (PA)
April 21, 2017

Township manager Gail Weniger said the municipality's code enforcement staff posted an “uninhabitable” notice Wednesday on the doors of Revolution Ice Gardens, at 1621 Mearns Road, but Weniger said the township believes the rink is continuing to operate. The notice read in part: "DANGER This structure is declared unsafe for human occupancy or use."

An ice rink Warwick officials had labeled "unsafe" because it was using water from an unauthorized well in an area affected by groundwater pollution remains open and will eventually be reconnected to the public water system.

An attorney for Revolution Ice Gardens and the executive director of Warwick's Water and Sewer Authority said the parties Friday reached an agreement to reconnect the rink.

"We have an agreement. We're going to get them back onto the public water supply, we hope, by sometime early next week," said Mike Sullivan of the municipal water authority.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.theintell.com/news/horsham-pfos/warwick-ice-rink-drawing-from-well-in-contaminated-area-to/article_e94cba46-26d7-11e7-80cf-9b807a3ba02e.html

Executive Director