2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 16:18:00 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] MUNITIONS: "M6 destruction now complete at Camp Minden, " LA

M6 destruction now complete at Camp Minden

By Michelle Bates
Minden Press-Herald (LA)
April 14, 2017

CAMP MINDEN - As of Wednesday afternoon, Explosive Service International has burned the very last tray of M6 propellant at Camp Minden, but they aren’t done yet.

ESI Vice President Jason Poe said although they’ve addressed the dangerous part of the job, there are many other aspects that must be completed before they complete the contract. They are moving out of the emergency response mode and into the cleanup phase, he said.

“There are several other aspects of the job that are going to take us several weeks to complete,” he said. “We have 92 magazines that we have to clean out before we can turn them over to the Louisiana Military Department as our contract calls for.”
…

For the entire article, see
http://press-herald.com/m6-destruction-now-complete-at-camp-minden/

Executive Director