2017 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 23:06:25 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION, FORMER SITES: "Army Corps prepares to clean up radioactive soils at homes in north St. Louis County"( MO)

Army Corps prepares to clean up radioactive soils at homes in north St. Louis County

KBIA Public Radio News (Columbia, MO)
March 8, 2017

The Army Corps of Engineers this month is preparing to remove radioactive soils from residential properties along Coldwater Creek for the first time.

The Corps' St. Louis District found the contamination in yards on Palm Drive in Hazelwood in the summer of 2015. The planned remediation work, which officials expect to complete this fall, will affect five houses, one apartment complex and a Metropolitan Sewer District property. All are located within the 10-year floodplain.

"We will be in there as long as it takes to remediate the soils that we have identified that need to be removed," said Bruce Munholand, chief of the Corps' Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program.

…

For the entire story, see
http://kbia.org/post/army-corps-prepares-clean-radioactive-soils-homes-north-st-louis-county#stream/0

Executive Director